Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Digital Business Services - Transformation
Hang Seng's Transformation Services function is a team of professionals driving the Bank's strategic priorities and managing transformation initiatives across various lines of business and functions for our Hong Kong, China, Singapore and Macau business.
As the Bank's transformation specialist, the key focuses of the role is: (1) becoming the thought leader of new business/operating model that brings the bank into the future of banking (2) designing the right path to success with unflinching focus on customer centricity; and (3) managing flagship and large scale programmes/ projects with executional excellence, to foster reputation as Businesses' go-to partner to drive changes.
Should you join our Transformation function, you will be providing professional services to the Bank's management for their transformation needs, partnering with stakeholders to design sound solutions to resolve problems, and managing complex projects to implement transformative solutions. In your role, you will communicate effectively with businesses/ functions across the bank, and connect front-office parties with various functions such as our technology and operations teams.
The team proactively drives the innovative culture across the Bank and connect the Bank to the dynamic external Fintech world to continue push the innovation frontier to stay competitive. Industry best practices such as design thinking and agile are adopted in our transformation process to deliver best in class and customer centric solutions in a timely manner.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Programme Manager. Principal responsibilities
- Partner with stakeholders in lines of businesses and functions to formulate and translate the Bank's strategy into initiatives and requirements for implementation
- Drive the delivery of strategic agenda of the bank, as well as the department, including leading innovation and fintech adoption.
- Keep abreast of latest technology / best practices in banking industry and proactively explore opportunities with stakeholders to transform current processes/ models with goals of experience, efficiency, revenue or cost improvement
- Lead a team to provide professional consultancy, change management, programme/ project management services to multiple lines of businesses and functions throughout the end-to-end of the transformation cycle from design to implementation.
- Manage a portfolio of programmes/ projects, mostly bank-wide, cross-line projects that cover a variety of topics.
- Foster a high engagement team to deliver good quality outputs which exceed user expectations
- University graduate in related disciplines or other relevant qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years' relevant experience in project management, preferably in financial institution
- Strong business consultancy experience, preferably gained from professional business consultancy firm
- Good track record managing complex and large scale programmes/ projects
- Broad knowledge of banking business and operations will be an advantage
- Knowledge in design thinking, agile approach and Fintech will be an asset
- An innovative and strategic mindset with strong managerial, project management, communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Senior Project Manager.
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.