Senior Project Manager - Compliance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Project Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Proactively monitors project lifecycle from initiation to execution and implementation or benefits realization to effectively identify risks, issues, dependencies as they arise
- Plans and manages the implementation of the change, to ensure business benefits are realized and that the transition from current state to target state is smooth
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder and business partner relationships providing regular updates to resolve high priority issues affecting the project
- Works closely with delivery partners on planning, design and estimating, bringing together delivery and business partner teams actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programme
- Demonstrates effective financial skills to develop a detailed business case, including investments, detailed benefits and link to overall finances of the business
- Promotes and takes accountability for project quality such as identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken
- Ensures project team follow quality assurance processes and Global Change Delivery Business Transformation Frameworks
- Provides regular constructive feedback and coaching to individuals to improve their performance and support their development and career progression
- Outside of the project context, the Senior Risk Project Manager may have functional line responsibility for a pool of Project Managers and/or Business Analysts, typically this will involve, functional management, performance management, resource management and professional development, by setting and agreeing objectives and coaching as and when required
- Drive a performance management based culture to improve and drive efficiencies and performance including the effective management of underperformers
- Promotes the Group's Values and strategy by creating a positive work environment and promoting teamwork to drive engagement
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Seasoned professional with excellent understanding of Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks, methodologies and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of running Global Transformation deployments.
- Understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives is preferred but not essential
- Strong understanding of banking and how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment inclusive of regulatory, political and competitors.
- Understanding of the delivery organizations within HSBC with global mindset and understanding of delivery partners
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Demonstration of commerciality with strong financial acumen
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Evidence of ability to make key strategic decisions
- Delivery of large scale complex programmes at pace, developing high performing interchanging teams to support delivery at each stage
- Strong people and team management experience
- Proven implementation, change management and benefits realization experience
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.