Senior Strategic Change and Regional Delivery Director - Global Change Delivery
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Global Change Delivery works with businesses and delivery partners across the world by combining change expertise and experience to help shape and implement strategic change for HSBC. The function delivers change through four key services, supporting end-to- end change life cycle: Change Portfolio Management, Programme & Project Management, Business Consulting and Process Re-engineering. The division is instrumental in driving change improvements in customer experience and unit costs through automation, standardisation and optimisation of HSBC's operating model covering people, processes, products and channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Strategic Change and Regional Delivery Director
. Principal responsibilities
- The purpose of this senior role is to successfully shape and deliver HSBC's most significant large scale complex programmes against the global strategic change agenda as well as leading the scoping and delivery of the Group Transformation portfolio specific to a major geographic region of the HSBC Group (ie: Asia Pacific, HSBC UK, Continental Europe, Latin America, Middle East, North Africa & Turkey).
- The role holder is expected to be a 'trusted advisor' and lead 'delivery partner' to Executive leadership of respective business / function with whom they are partnered by identifying opportunities, constructively challenging conventional thinking, ensuring the Voice of the Customer is embedded in programmes and then helping to shape, prioritise and lead the execution of their strategic change needs with a focus on delivering the desired customer, colleague, operational and financial outcomes. Strong communication and change leadership skills are required.
- The role holder will be a key part of the regional COO management team, and the individual whom the Regional COO will rely upon to ensure that cross line of business, high priority change is governed and executed successfully, in line with financial constraints and within any specific risk appetites specific to the location.
- The role holder is accountable for making complex business/programme wide decisions, quality assurance, delivering high value financial improvement initiatives and creating an environment for development and capability uplift within the Global Transformation priority markets. They will be required to support the Group Head of Transformation in creating and leading a World Class change organisation which is recognised as market leading.
- The role holder will need to be conversant with all facets of the change process including co-creating business cases and justification for initiatives, initiation of programmes, designing an approach and plan, defining the business architect, programme management, solution design, readiness and implementation needs as well as delivering programme outcomes and ensuring benefits materialize. They will need to be well informed about emerging technology and innovation how this can be applied to solve challenges and improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank's proposition and customer and colleague experience.
- The role holder will lead a Transformation team of more than 100 colleagues across 8 countries that delivers significant and complex transformational change to HSBC , and is accountable for the performance management, staffing and skills development of the team . In addition, t hey will be required to engage, work with and monitor the performance of strategic partners to deliver change.
- Role holder will be required to manage and control costs/investments within agreed budget and be accountable for delivering the strategic goals of Transformation.
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, values, behaviours, processes and objectives
- Strong intimate knowledge of HSBC's various Global business's and functions
- Good working knowledge of functional area in an operational or consulting capacity
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy,
- capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors, innovation etc.
- Outstanding knowledge of Transformation - functionally, operationally and financially
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the group
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments
- Strong analytical background and proven ability in analytical rigor, including being able to contextualize data into business activities and conclusions
- Proven ability in successfully identifying, designing and implementing large-scale, complex global / regional change initiatives
- Proven experience of operating iterative delivery techniques at scale
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- Evidence of successfully managing financial plans
- Successful experience in developing and retaining critical talent and building an effective leadership team
- Outstanding relationship management and influencing skills - up to Board level
- The ability to recognise structural issues within the organisation, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- The ability to visualise and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex transformational initiatives
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills in order to cope with multiple large-scale responsibilities
Qualifications and Accreditations
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Degree in related field or commensurate practical experience
- Industry recognized technical certifications i.e. PMP, CBAP, MSP, Change Management, ACP (Optional), Master Black Belt - Six Sigma (Optional), TOGAF (Optional)
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.