Senior Systems Engineer
Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms. Founded in 2007, we have over 100 employees across three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney, and Shanghai. Our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets and although we mainly specialise in equity derivatives, we also trade delta one, ETFs, commodity derivatives, and crypto currency products. Technology is inextricably linked to our trading strategies, creating an environment powered by intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and innovation.
This is an opportunity for a talented and self-motivated engineer to work with a growing international company.
We are looking for a passionate and technically skilled individual to work in a fast-paced trading floor environment whilst putting their knowledge to work in a team-oriented role. The successful candidate will be part of our global Operations team. You will be responsible for the administration and advancement of our office and trading IT systems and infrastructure.
If you are technically minded, believe in a proactive approach, can work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and enjoy administering, troubleshooting and enhancing mission critical systems in a fast-paced trading floor environment, then this role is for you!
- Administration and support of mission critical trading systems and infrastructure in a distributed environment
- Administration of Linux servers and associated administration tools
- Improvement of systems and process by developing tools for automating administrative tasks
- Working closely with Operations team members, mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Work closely with Developer and Trader teams on IT related projects and support
- Project work building new and improving existing systems and processes
- Ensure that IT policies and procedures are being monitored and adhered to
- After hours and weekend work for implementing changes required
What you offer
- 8+ years administering a RHEL/Fedora environment with automation experience
- 6+ years relevant experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, PERL and PHP
- VMware Server enterprise experience
- Configuration management tooling experience such as SaltStack
- Databases, network management and central logging system experience
- Information Technology related Bachelor's degree
- Ability to manage large cross team projects and drive to completion
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction, highly motivated and strong initiative for quality driven changes
- Ability to meet commitments and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Team player, willing to share knowledge and mentor team members
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Windows server and Microsoft 365 administration a plus
- HPE and server component hardware experience a plus
- Firewall or access control lists experience a plus
What we offer
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- Work life balance within a multi-cultural environment
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch
- Attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.