Job description Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Technical Officer
. Principal Responsibilities
- Actively collaborate with partners from Event Management Technology / Domain / Project and deliver goals as per agreed schedules & specifications
- Understand & analyse business requirements & scope, identify gaps, translate requirements into technical specifications
- Deliver the solutions / deliverables per the agreed requirements with regards to project timelines
- Work on critical / complex incidents & issues and ensure completion within agreed deadlines
- Efficiency & Cost Savings
- Collaborate with regional teams and global function as required. Ensure understanding of practices within regions and drive standardization amongst regions
- Communicate project updates / progress, action plans / issues on timely basis
- Timely and appropriate escalations and where necessary, appropriate measures are taken to improve and sustain high quality and prevent recurrence
- Accountable for the design of new processes and the ongoing review of process improvement, this covers both working practices and supporting documentation to ensure we maximize efficiency, and that documentation is current
- Suggest & implement best-in-class industry practices in the projects, as applicable in line with the global function
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Should have a minimum of 2-5 years IT experience out of which a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in the following monitoring/event management and/or automation development experience
- BMC Event Manager and BMC TrueSight
- BMC Helix Operations Management
- Interlink Business Enterprise Server / Automated Service Intelligence
- ServiceNow Event Management (ITOM) Development
- ServiceNow Event Management (ITOM) Administration
- Shell, Unix scripting, Perl, Python
- API Development
- Should have worked on installation, troubleshooting and administration of above products on UNIX platform
- Shell scripting and UNIX OS knowledge is mandatory
- Adaptable and quick learner an advantage
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.