Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description Senior User Experience (UX) Designer Hong Kong / Singapore The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering User Experience expert with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
The Senior User Experience (UX) Designer will be part of the global Innovation Labs team and will be a champion for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, translating them into concepts, wireframes, functional prototypes, for usability testing and iteration. You will embed directly with our business partners on internal pilot Proofs of Concept (POCs), working hand-in-hand with Innovation Lab Product Owners and Software Engineers. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- At least 4 years' of dedicated UX design experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Extensive expertise in UX design best practices, service design, testing methodologies, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently, as well as collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders regularly present design solutions for approval.
- A deep understanding of and passion for championing the importance of human centered design across the company
- Passion for helping teammates, sharing knowledge and experience, and learning from them
- Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
Our commitment to you
- Be a storyteller - A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior - verbally and visually in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- Facilitate client's problem statement definition by validating product assumptions, advocating for the customer's perspective, and taking into account the business objectives
- Conduct discovery and research to understand the business, and the customer, create service blueprints, journey maps, personas
- Work directly with customers and prospects through observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behaviour and verify design concepts
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Identify design problems through in-depth analysis of research and ideate elegant solutions and customer experience
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences, optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Rapidly test and iterate your designs, using storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders and bring them along at every step of the design process
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About Manulife
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .