Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Wholesale Credit Risk Management
Hang Seng's Risk and Compliance ("RKM") strives to maintain a well-balanced risk profile for the Bank while enabling businesses to thrive. Our team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types. We are dedicated to collaborate with businesses, other functional units and regulatory bodies to develop and implement robust and customised risk management frameworks and measures to maintain the strong market position of the Bank.
Wholesale Credit Risk Management Department - covering the approvals, policies, portfolio management and recovery of the Bank's Wholesale Credit exposures; and working closely with Hang Seng Bank (China) Ltd Wholesale Credit Risk to ensure functional consistency in China.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Wholesale Credit Risk Project Manager (Contract until Dec 2022). Role Purpose
Basel III Reform (B3R) programme is a key focus for the Risk function. The B3R programme covers multiple workstreams and the successful candidate will be able to effectively execute and drive the changes. The role will be located in HK and will be key to support the implementation of wholesale credit risk scope of B3R programme. Principal responsibilities
- HASE Wholesale Credit Risk Lead to support the global and regional workstreams in implementation of Wholesale Credit Risk Scope of B3R programme within HASE
- Reporting to HASE Head of Portfolio, Policy and Control to ensure that HASE Wholesale Credit Risk scope of work is appropriately defined and delivered against. Coordinate and collaborate within HASE Wholesale Risk teams (including Portfolio, Policy and Control (PPC), Wholesale Credit Risk (WCR), Special Credit Unit (SCU), Wholesale Risk Analytics (GRA)), business units as well as regional teams (e.g. various WCRM Risk teams e.g. PPC, WCR, IFRS9, Risk Transformation, IT etc.) in the B3R project requirements. Identify gaps in delivery plans and escalate accordingly
- Promote Wholesale Credit Risk priorities and deliverables in alignment with overall programme objectives
- Manage HASE risks and issues from Wholesale Credit Risk, escalating regionally and globally as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate communication relating to programme implementation across Wholesale Credit Risk
- Drive B3R programme implementation across Wholesale Credit Risk in parallel with other change initiatives and regulatory requirements.
- Review system/user specifications, data verification, regression/user acceptance tests (UAT)
- As SMEs to support on data controls and data management related works e.g. impact study on additional/amendment/deletion of critical data elements (CDEs), enhancement of front-end CARM data validation based on new requirements etc;
- Manage/support B3R Quantitative Impact Study (QIS), policies/guidelines/ (SOX) process control updates/communication related to CARM credit risk management, IFRS9 and stress testing changes.
- Degree holder or above in Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, or a related field
- 8 to 10 years of experience in banking industry, including experience in Credit Risk and Wholesale Banking products.
- Prefer to have experience in Basel and HKMA regulatory capital rules
- Proven experience of leading regulatory change in a Risk or Finance context or sizable system integration project experience preferable related to regulatory capital implementation, including system testing cases and user acceptance testing
- Proven experience of discussing complex analytical subjects with non-technical internal and external counterparts
- Excellent communication, project management, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Advanced judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems, good attention to details
- Strong leadership, be able to communicate and influence a wide range of stakeholders, with capacity to interpret complex business/ risk requirements, translate the technical details into business context, and vice versa
- Self-motivated, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and make decisions independently
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
- Understanding of how the Wholesale Credit Risk operates and the ability to speak confidently on behalf of Wholesale Credit Risk
- Understanding of risk concepts pertaining to wholesale banking, for example credit and market risks inherent in products and various measures of risk including EAD, PD, LGD and effective maturity
- Advanced understanding of regulatory environment, developments and supervisory practices, expertise at dealing with regulators advantageous
- Knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, competition, economics, etc advantageous
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.