Windows and VMware Administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure. The candidate will be part of the server team and will be accountable for both Projects and BAU Operations.
The successful candidate needs to be technical, detail-oriented and Self-motivated to learn cross skilled technologies. Someone who can maintain a positive attitude during tough times and is still passionate about continuously improving skills and knowledge.
- Proactively maintain and develop all Windows and VMware infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7 uptime service
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Maintain best practices in managing systems and services across all environments
- Fault finding, analysis and logging information for reporting performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hotfixes on servers
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Provide weekend support
- Participate in Disaster Recovery and BCP drills
- Manage Physical server infrastructure using remote access
Skills and Experience:
- Previous working experience as a Windows + VMware Administrator for 8+ years
- In-depth knowledge of Windows and VMware for both physical and virtual environment
- In-depth knowledge of Vmware infra and daily operations tasks, HA/DRS/mOtion/Portgroups/Networking etc.
- Experience with physical/VM (instance) server deployments and commissioning
- Good to have experience/knowledge on various HPE or other server hardware and architecture
- Experience with automation using PowerShell, Batch script, or any other tools/practice
- Strong knowledge of protocols such as DNS, DHCP, AD, LDAP and SNMP, troubleshooting DNS and DHCP issues
- Strong knowledge of NFS, SMB, file shares, troubleshooting file share access/performance issues
- Problem-solving and communication skills
- Good to have experience/knowledge of RedHat Linux OS
- Good to have experience/knowledge of Citrix / Load balancer
- Good to have worked on / knowledge of tools such as BigFix, Symantec, OneView, ITRS, Service Now, SCOM, and CyberArk.
Any Additional Requirements:
- Good to have Knowledge of Storage and Network
- Must have knowledge of VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Educational / Professional Qualifications:
- Additional Windows/VMware/AWS certifications will be considered an advantage
- ITIL certification
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at email@example.com and put Senior Windows & VMWare Engineer - Global Investment Bank in HK in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 65791)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Trade Floor Application Support - International Bank
2) Low Latency Java Developer - Elite Global Investment Bank in Singapore/ Hong Kong
3) MSSQL /Oracle DBA - Financial Institution