Settlement Officer - HSBC Securities Services
S ome careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Settlement Officer
. Principal responsibilities
- Handle customer instructions and process instructions into both internal and external systems and ensure meeting pre set cut off time of systems
- Prepare trade settlement instruction to brokers and custodians, perform trade matching and settlement with counterparties, handle turnaround and buy in trade, account switching transaction and missing trade, prepare relevant document such as physical receipt and delivery of listed or unlisted stock where applicable
- Coordinate and engage with share registrar and HKEX for physical certification processing
- Trade follow up with clients, local brokers or custodians, report unmatched and buy-in trade to supervisor or business unit team
- Handle client and business partners' enquiries and draft reply for review and reply
- Handle cancellation and amendment of instructions including rectification of input and instruction to local brokers and custodians
- Perform operational control function by following up exception items and reports, account reconciliation, scanning of instruction for processing and ensure the completeness of process
- Assist in ad hoc request from supervisor including system user acceptance test
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Relevant Experience and good understanding of Hong Kong securities market
- Familiar with the operations of CCASS, GHSS, CMT, GMG, BPM
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Preferably licensed member of HKMA or SFC or equivalent organization for those incumbents with close customer encounter
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website .