See job description for details
Global Transaction Services (GTS) comprises of Cash & Trade, Securities Services and Fiduciary Services. In an increasingly borderless world marked by burgeoning trade flow, expertise in trade finance services is an invaluable asset. With cash the lifeblood of every company, so too, is a good understanding of how to manage these cashflows. Trade Finance, together with Cash Management, is the mainstay of GTS, and is extended to SME and corporate clients for their local and cross-border financial transaction needs. Job Summary/Objective
The role is based in Hong Kong and will report to the Data & Analytics Lead under the Global Transaction Services (GTS) a.k.a. Transaction Banking department of the bank.
As a key member of our Data team, you will responsible for building data pipelines on the Bank's internal big data platform, analyze & interpret data and generate insights for making business decisions through data visualization and other techniques.
Additionally, you will be required to communicate and coordinate with various cross functional teams like tech teams and central data team to troubleshoot the issues during the data ETL process. Job Responsibilities
- Build/maintain data models and pipelines to feed into dashboards for enabling product/sales teams to make optimal business decisions on the one hand and to support data science projects on the other
- Work with Tech and Central Data teams to troubleshoot issues with Big Data Platform, Data Pipelines and/or Data Visualization Platform.
- Work with product/sales teams to understand their data/analytics needs and design/publish dashboards in collaboration with fellow data and technology colleagues
- Run on-demand queries & exploratory data analyses to draw actionable insights and/or form basis for advanced analytical experiments
- Present analysis and insights on business topics and trends
Nice to have
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of related experience in data engineering and/or analytics
- Experience building and maintaining data/ETL pipelines to source and transform data from disparate sources for reporting & analysis.
- Experience with data presentation/visualization techniques and tools viz. Qlikview and/or Tableau.
- Strong SQL and Python programming skills with proficiency in data science-oriented Python libraries such as Pandas, Numpy and MatplotLib
- Experience using big data technologies/tools such as Spark, Pyspark, Hive and Presto
- Base knowledge of cloud-based platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to tell a story from data and present it in a clear and compelling way
- Confident working in cross-functional, collaborative environments.
- Proficient in English and fluency in Cantonese is preferred.
- Experience in banking industry is preferred but, not a strict requirement.
- Experience using CI/CD and scheduling tools like Github, Jenkins and Airflow is a plus
- Experience using Kedro is a plus
- Understanding of statistical methods and/or machine learning concepts
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.