Our client, a leading multinational Hedge Fund is currently seeking a strong Python software engineer who will work alongside Portfolio Managers in the Hong Kong office. The fund is extremely technology driven and this unique opportunity will be to drive significant value creation with the world's leading investment managers and to help expand systematic operations and support capabilities.
- To help create develop and maintain a reliable platform for trading operations and strategy.
- Working alongside portfolio managers to reduce operational risk through:
- Implementation of monitoring, reporting, and trade workflow solutions.
- Application of automated systems while focusing on the process of trading operations.
- Understanding deployment and development processes.
- Development in Python for at least 3+ years.
- Linux/Unix experience.
- Ability to work with PostgreSQL as well as other relational databases.
- Able to design and develop distributed systems with a focus on backend development in C/C++, Java, Scala, Go, or C#.
- Apache / Confluent Kafka.
- SDLC pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, TeamCity, or AWS CodePipeline).
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Able to operate and monitor low-latency trading environments.
- Broad back ground and understanding of equities, futures, FX, or other financial instruments.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies.
- Ability to build and deploy systems that utilize services provided by AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Able to contribute to open-source projects.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field. Graduate degree required but not preferred.