The Markets Systems Technology team is responsible for delivering first-in-class systems for trading, market data dissemination and surveillance monitoring in cash and derivatives markets. We play a critical role in managing the full software development cycle, including architecture design, development, testing and implementation of our mission critical systems. We also partner with infrastructure and cyber security team to operate our systems in such fast growing financial markets in Hong Kong. Job Duties:
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with a group of talented and passionate software engineers whom shared the vision of enhancing the current HKEX systems whilst working towards the development of the next generation of HKEX platforms. Responsibilities:
- Software development of core Exchange trading and market data functionalities
- Responsible for system analysis and architecture design of trading and market data platforms
- Produce project deliverables and execute accurate system tests (such as functional specifications, design document and test plans)
- Collaborate with user divisions to collect business requirement.
- Carry out daily production support
- Assess technological risk and drive actions for mitigation.
- Collaborate with other IT teams on activities with common systems impacts
- Establish technical excellence and follow industry best practices.
- Uphold compliance with organization policies and standards.
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, IT or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience
- Experience in developing large scale mission critical market systems
- Solid skills in C/C++, Perl, Python, Unicast and Multicast network programming.
- Solid skills in Linux application development
- Experience in Java, .Net, Web technology, database is an advantage
- Good understanding of securities and/or derivatives industry
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and people management skills
- Depended on project delivery and timelines, there may be some weekends work / night shift required.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese. (Mandarin is an added advantage)
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is one of the world's major exchange groups, and operates a range of equity, commodity, fixed income and currency markets. HKEX is the world's leading IPO market and as Hong Kong's only securities and derivatives exchange and sole operator of its clearing houses, it is uniquely placed to offer regional and international investors access to Asia's most vibrant markets.
As the global markets leader in the Asian time-zone, we offer a world of opportunities for early careers and experienced hires. Here, we know that diverse thinking fosters better solutions, and we are committed to building an open and dynamic environment which allows our business to innovate and our people to thrive.
Discover the latest career opportunities and programmes at HKEX.
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace. Location:
HKEX - TKO Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type: