We take an interesting, challenging, and powerful approach to building the next generation of our trading UIs at Eclipse, and are looking for the right people to join the team. Check out our new role below to find out more.
Software Engineer - C# / .NET (Web)
Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms. Founded in 2007, we have over 100 employees across three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney, and Shanghai. Our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets and although we mainly specialise in equity derivatives, we also trade delta one, ETFs, commodity derivatives, and crypto currency products. Technology is inextricably linked to our trading strategies, creating an environment powered by intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and innovation.
The User Interface team is creating a platform that allows traders, quantitative analysts, and other developers build their own high-performance streaming applications for trading, risk management and analysis. We provide functionality that allows users to combine, transform, and visualize real time data streams from multiple sources, whilst also allowing change and interaction with that data.
Due to increased demand from key stakeholders we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our existing team of high performing C# / .NET and TypeScript developers.
- End to end management of projects from creation, planning, to gathering requirements directly from traders, quants, and other users, and implementation
- Creating designs and working with other members of the team to refine
- Implementing your designs in C# and TypeScript and working with other developers to help implement theirs
- Participating in code reviews, providing feedback to other developers
- Introducing new ideas to the team and proposing improvements to our applications, tools and processes
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
What you offer
- A keen interest in learning new technologies and a desire to understand how things work at a fundamental level
- 3 - 7 years of C# development experience
- 3+ years of modern web development experience using a framework like React, Angular or Vue – ideally with TypeScript
- Excellent communication skills and experience working directly with users
- Ability to translate user requirements into solutions that fit with the overall design of our applications
- Experience managing projects from beginning to end and a good track record of delivering
- Prior financial markets experience working within a trading or financial risk management environment (buy or sell side) is desirable – but not required
What we offer
- Brand new iconic office in the lively thoroughfare of Hennessy Rd, Wan Chai
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- Work life balance within a multi-cultural environment
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch
- Attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.