Software Engineer, Prime Finance Technology, Analyst
In launching your career in our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will tackle complex technical challenges and partner with traders, quantitative researchers and product managers in automating our trading business.
The team is driving the transformation of the equity financing platform and you will contribute to a broad range of projects from tackling large scale enterprise engineering challenges with Kafka or AMPS, building real-time inventory trading platforms in KDB, data science tools in Python, building UIs in React.
We are a fast-paced, high-energy team based in London, Glasgow, New York, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hong Kong. You will have the opportunity to work in a supportive environment where you'll be able to grow and develop your skills under the guidance of experienced technologists in the industry. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of application and data design disciplines, experience in real-time processing and delivery e.g. Kafka, AMPS is desirable.
- Understanding of systems architectures front to back.
- Proficiency in at least one programming languages, preferably Java or Web UI - React.
- Experience with Cloud deployment, design and development concerns a plus.
- Understanding of the Prime business, in particular Equity Finance - Locates, Availability and Positions Management is desirable.
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Passionate about building an innovative culture.