Your mission as a member of the IT Solutions team in Asia is to offer technical leadership for the design, development, integration, and support of the IT Solutions Architecture in Asia in order to enable business capabilities.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Enterprise Architecture & Application Landscape
- Lead the business/functional architecture design for applications in a manner consistent with the enterprise architecture framework, taking into account technology limitations with the selection of technology standards and describing configurability;
- Lead the integration design across platforms (Global/Local or Local/Local) to offer a timely integration service by collaborating with peers from the IT security team, IT operations team, COEs, and SMEs to provide a coherent architectural review.
- Works closely with the IT Operations team to maintain an evergreen IT environment by ensuring the platforms and related interface data and systems have been appropriately architected from an end-to-end viewpoint to satisfy the functional and non-functional demands of the company.
* Keep up with industry best practices, technologies, architectures, trends, and upcoming technologies, and build Proof-Of-Concepts to verify ideas.
Business acumen and partnership
* Collaborate with business relationship managers and solution leaders to understand business demands and problems in order to make business value-driven decisions;
* Promote a shared vision, practices, and capabilities across teams; Continue to expand his/her business knowledge in order to propose relevant tech solutions to the company.
Change Management & Communication
* Assess the impact of operational changes by analyzing them.
* Up-to-date contact with the impacted parties.
* Documentation of process modifications and information transfer.
* Establishing communication channels
* Creating a transformation strategy.
* Manage change requests and assess changes that are in the works.
* Determine training requirements and resources in order to achieve landscape maturity.
- Manage and assess vendors to ensure that they are always improving.
- Participate in RFx activities to find high-quality partners and technology.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is desirable.
* Scrum or Agile certifications are a bonus.
- Minimum of 8 years of IT experience, with 3-5 years of architectural exposure, design, and implementation on complex, large-scale distributed applications.
- Proven ability to think strategically about business, establish technical definitions around customer objectives in complicated situations, design solution strategies, inspire and mobilize personnel, and deliver outcomes.
- Have a solid infrastructure background with extensive experience integrating large-scale corporate business systems and solutions.
- Broad architectural knowledge that includes application, infrastructure, data, and integration. Provide technical thought leadership and a track record of comparing and contrasting alternative technologies to suit a business need and persuade key stakeholders to embrace the technology.
- Experience with systems architecture and the ability to construct or explain complex system interactions such as data flows, common interfaces, APIs, and other techniques;
- Have a thorough understanding of both conceptual and non-functional aspects of:
- Service architecture - Knowledge of API and service-based architectures for online and mobile apps using SOAP, REST APIs, micro-services, and JSON.
- For globally dispersed Digital solutions, enterprise scale distributed solutions such as MongoDB, in-memory databases, and caching solutions have been utilized.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) - technologies like Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, and Performance Center
- Cloud - Salesforce, Oracle, AWS, Azure - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS
- DevOps procedures and experience - methods and delivery Strong knowledge of lean and agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, and XP
- High-availability and disaster-recovery solutions
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and handle shifting priorities * Effective project management, communication, and stakeholder management abilities with the ability to work well with a cross-functional and geographically distributed team Keeps up with the newest technological developments.
- Creative thinker, proactive, energetic, able to work alone and as part of a team * Able to work in fast-paced and difficult situations
- Fluent in English
- Mandarin is a plus