The Market Specialists team within Sales serves as the financial markets and workflow experts at Bloomberg. We're highly skilled on asset class knowledge, have a deep understanding of client workflows as well as Bloomberg's holistic solutions.
We're looking for someone who is committed to collaborating closely with key partners such as the sales and product teams to design and deliver strategies that drive revenue. You will have a passion for developing scaleable strategies, multi-product solutions. You may have worked within quantitative research teams on either the buy or sell side and collaborated closely to help clients build factor models to identify investment opportunities and oversaw or managed a large scope of securities. You are familiar with the Bloomberg Terminal and may have used our desktop data solutions and/or query language.
We'll trust you to focus on:
- Utilising your market expertise and network to impact our Terminal, Enterprise Product, and Data revenue
- Engaging with clients to proactively identify workflow gaps and articulate our solutions to translate them into business opportunities
- Nurturing and developing personal contacts across the industry in North Asia and collaborating with internal resources
- Developing new business initiatives and campaigns to drive commercial impact for the region
- Communicating your product and asset class strategy to Enterprise Sales
- Actively contribute to new projects that progresses departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Representing Bloomberg in various training, campaigns, publications, and speaking events
- Being a connector and deepening key relationships between Enterprise Sales, Enterprise Product and Software Engineering to implement solutions
- Influencing the direction of our product by combining intel gathered from relationships with external key decision makers, a deep comprehension of the competitive landscape, and being in tune with industry trends
- Being responsible for product development that will provide enhanced solutions to our clients and facilitate feedback from clients and collaborate with product to establish product road maps
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience in either sell-side research or sales and/or buyside analyst/portfolio management
- Familiarity with building factor models/scorecards and understanding how to implement trading strategies
- Commitment to collaborating to deliver results both within the department and across company-wide initiatives
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences
- Deep understanding and experience that will facilitate the ability to identify, develop and implement sales opportunities within the company and to build strong external networks
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
We'd love to see:
- Additional Asian language skills (Mandarin, Cantonese, or Korean a plus)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.