About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities
- Based in Asia, this is an exciting project focused role for an experienced professional who has an interest in people, talent and digitisation of the employee experience.
- Reporting to the Lead, Projects & Planning and part of the wider Talent COE, the role holder will be highly proactive and responsible for delivering a wide variety of people and talent related solutions and projects.
- This is a varied role where you will work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and third parties to bring to life solutions that enable colleagues to better grow and develop their careers at Standard Chartered.
- It is a practical, execution focused role that leverages data and insights to create measurable value and sustainable impact in Standard Chartered.
- Alongside the delivery of specific talent solutions and projects you may be expected to provide advice to colleagues across the HR function to enable business segments / functions to maximise the value and impact of the talent agenda.
- The ideal candidate will have a skillset that can be applied to projects across Talent, with a particular interest in change management and talent management (or aspects of talent).
- The Talent agenda is one that is evolving rapidly so the successful candidate will be comfortable with managing ambiguity and working with others across a wide variety of levels. There is a need for strong stakeholder management, influencing, collaboration and action orientation in this role.
- You will have demonstrable examples of where you have created value for organisations through the delivery of people-oriented projects in complex, matrixed organisations.
- Having a strong understanding of how to operate in a regulated environment, dynamic work practices / human centred design and working across a variety of countries / cultures would be a distinct advantage to success.
Products and Solutions
- Provide advice and guidance to key stakeholders to enable long term value creation and embedding of talent related solutions / products
- Collaborate across various groups of stakeholders on various initiatives and working groups where Talent expertise is required
- In partnership with product owners / project leads support the design and implementation of strategic projects and other initiatives in line with agreed priorities
- Partner with product owners / project leads to drive engagement, communication and training for People Leaders, Colleagues and HRBPs for related talent products / processes
- Work with strategic third parties to develop and embed Talent products that enhance our overall employer brand and ability to develop and deploy talent
- Create, maintain and continuously improve talent related standards and process in the respective area, ensuring ongoing effectiveness and impact
- Support the ongoing enhancement and improvement in the way the Talent team leverages technology and analytics to deliver the Talent agenda
- Effectively manage risks within the boundaries of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, specifically ensuring risks are escalated and raised proactively where appropriate
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring that activities undertaken are governed appropriately in line with organisation wide standards. Eg) Enterprise Project Management, Third Party Supplier Management
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate Talent Management
- Talent Team
- Resourcing Team
- Other HR COEs
- HR Business Partners
- HR Business Analysts
- Third Party Partners
- Knowledge of how an organization attracts, recruits, retains, identifies and develops talent; ability to develop the talent required for an organization to achieve its short-term and long-term goals.
- Knowledge of theories, methodologies, technologies and systems used to evaluate individual/group's personality, attitudes, behaviours and performance; ability to design and implement measurements, analyze collected data, explain results and provide professional advices in an industrial-organizational environment.
- Knowledge of issues, opportunities, and challenges for conducting business in the international marketplace; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
HR Planning & Development
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Organisation Change Management
- Knowledge of policies, considerations and processes of human resources (HR)planning and development; ability to plan and develop an organization's HR operations in order to increase individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Knowledge of and ability to align the organization's people and culture with changes in business strategy, organizational structure, technology and business processes.
- Knowledge of HR approaches, tools and techniques; ability to inform, guide and advise managers in HR-related initiatives.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers