Storage and Backup Engineer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
Storage and Backup Engineer
Société Générale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Société Générale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS)..
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Société Générale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery).
You will be on boarded in the Cloud Infrastructure and Platform as a Service team that develops and maintains On-Premises Cloud Infrastructures, Container technologies and Traditional Hosting and Storage. The team is composed of 20+ DevOps System Administrator and Developers using Agile framework at scale.
We are looking for an experienced Storage and Backup Administrator with strong technical and operational background on NETAPP Filers, EMC SAN array and Networker to provide Follow the Sun Support (on shift basis) and deliver Cloud Infrastructure Backlog prioritized by the product owner.
Main responsibilities as Storage and Backup Administrator
- Support Storage and Backup systems (include Support shift, Weekend operation and Follow the Sun)
- Plan and deploy system upgrades to fulfil compliance, security or capacity requirements
- Design, test and implement news solutions for Storage and Backup systems
- Work in close relationship with other IT teams to ensure client requirement and expectation are mutually agreed
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our product portfolio (time to deliver, features)
Academic Background & Certifications, Experience
- College degree such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a Storage and Backup Administrator
- 3+ years of experience on Production environment
- ITIL certification
- Passionate in automating administration tasks / Little tolerance for repetitive work
- Experience administering NETAPP filer (CMode, FAS, AFF)
- Experience administering EMC SAN array (VMAX, VNX)
- Experience administering SAN switches (Cisco & Brocade)
- Experience administering EMC Datadomain, Networker 9.x
- Experience administering SYMANTEC Netbackup
- Experience administering NETAPP OnCommand Insight (OCI), Workflow & Storage Automation (WFA)
- Proven knowledge administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or comparable Linux distributions
- Proven knowledge administering VMWARE vSphere/ESXi or comparable virtualization platform.
- Proven knowledge of DevOps tools such as puppet, chef, or ansible
- Proven knowledge of Docker and related technologies, such as Swarm and Kubernetes
- Proven knowledge with core infrastructure services such DNS, DHCP, NETWORK ROUTING, etc.
- Proven knowledge on RESTful API would be a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must; can present formally or informally
- Not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from the teams
- Care about learning new things and improving existing challenges