Job description Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance.
Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Strategic Sourcing Manager
. Principal Responsibilities
Dynamic and proactive, Global Procurement delivers tangible commercial value for HSBC. A varied remit spans all aspects of the procurement lifecycle worldwide - from leading relationships with suppliers, to ensuring alignment across spending plans. Highly engaged with the business, Procurement specialists develop deep strategic understanding. This leads to stronger approaches to measuring success, and ultimately ensures the Group operates ever more effectively.
In this role you will
- Develop business relationships with designated businesses and functions, including ownership of both Buying Channel and compliance
- Execute sourcing projects managing each part of the procurement cycle in accordance with Procurement and business governance
- The role will likely work across a variety of categories so will need to demonstrate a broad range of category knowledge and be able to work dynamically and flexibly with a broad range of SMEs
- Support the Category Manager as applicable
- Scope, negotiate and execute large scale procurement projects
- Be accountable for the negotiation with small, medium, and large Suppliers
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Strong experience of source to contract (S2C) management
- Demonstrated strong commercial, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to lead complex projects, including change management
- Experience of source to contract for a financial services company is an advantage
- Stakeholder management in a complex environment
- Supplier and Third-Party Management experience is an advantage
- Experience of Business Process Outsourcing is an advantage
- The base location for this role is HK with Hybrid working
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.