Strategy and Policy Officer / Senior Strategy and Policy Officer - Corporate Strategy (4310) (Base in Beijing)
Ref. Number: 22082
Department: Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: June 8, 2022
Closing Date: June 30, 2022 Strategy and Policy Officer / Senior Strategy and Policy Officer - Corporate Strategy
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Strategy, Policy and Budget (SPB) Department is responsible for (i) developing and monitoring the implementation of the Bank's strategic agenda; (ii) developing and overseeing compliance with the Bank's operational policies and procedures for the Bank's infrastructure investment operations (non-treasury), including environmental, social, procurement and financial management; and (iii) developing and monitoring the Bank's annual business plan to implement the Bank's strategies and manage the Bank's administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan.
The AIIB is seeking to recruit a (Senior) Policy and Strategy Officer to support the development and implementation of the Corporate Strategy (CS), including necessary coordination with topical working groups and ensuring an effective link to the annual Business Plan and Budget (BPB) process. Responsibilities:
Support the development and implementation of the CS including:
- Identify and articulate key CS objectives and focus areas, develop a logical sequence and prioritization of key levers, actions, milestones, impacts and risks across the Bank's operations.
- Coordinate relevant departments to ensure their full participation and ownership of a "one AIIB" holistic approach.
- Act as the focal point to coordinate the different work streams, including topical working groups, and support their work as needed with necessary data and analytics.
- Prepare relevant documents to facilitate internal and external communications and consultations.
- Support the development of the annual business plan to ensure the implementation of CS, including:
- coordinating and participating in the development and oversight of the implementation of the annual business plan and the quarterly business plan updates.
- coordinating cross-departmental consultation and ensuring the link between departmental objectives and corporate level priorities.
- performing or coordinating data analysis to support the implementation of the CS and BPB.
- Represent the Bank in external and internal stakeholder engagements to communicate the Bank's strategies.
- Any other related items as may become needed and identified by the Director General, SPB Department.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience for an Officer and 8-10 years of experience for a Senior Officer, in corporate strategy development and implementation, business planning and institutional change management.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing corporate / institutional level strategies including identifying and implementing necessary actions to support changes.
- Proven experience of working in a regional or multi-country context.
- Experience in high level strategic consulting and of working at an international organization would be valued.
- Proven critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of economics, with broad knowledge and familiarity with issues in development finance (knowledge of and experience in the infrastructure sector is an advantage).
- Strong organizational skills and proven track record of results.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
- A Master's degree in Public Policy, Economics, Business, Finance (or equivalent) from a reputable university.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.