Our client Chinese Security firm with a strong commercial presence in mainland China. The role is required to have a strong background and knowledge of the China and HK commercial real estate market, the institutional market participants and how institutional financing of CRE gets done (with specific reference to China onshore/offshore funding), with a focus on leveraged capital structures.
The Structurer is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Recognized subject matter expert within one area. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level, an externally. Provides advanced judgement and conducts in‐depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Required to think beyond existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas. Significant impact on a function and/or the business through making decisions that determine technical approaches and strategies for the area.
More specifically to commercial real estate ("CRE"), this role is to lead the expansion and development of the China and HK component of the institutional CRE finance business.
- The Structurer will hold a key role including pricing, developing innovative financial products for investors Payoff Risk and P&L impact pre‐trade and post‐trade scenario analysis Customized back tests and client portfolio valuation and analysis
- Lead project due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documents
- Analyze financial statements and assist in structuring transactions; prepare project and corporate financial models
- Based on data analysis, makes informed recommendations regarding appropriate structured financing for specific properties.
- Marketing presentations and participation to client meetings
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions
- 5-10 years structuring experience in a financial institution or real estate markets
- Thorough understanding of structured financing as it relates to various types of properties
- Work independently and execute or close the deal/transaction Demonstrate quantitative and analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple functional groups in a cohesive manner Education
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree and CFA is preferred
Other required skillsets
- Self‐starter, risk‐taker, owner
- Leadership qualities for driving a vision, taking responsibility, and forming relationships with internal and external partners / stakeholders
- Familiarity with bank credit policy and bank regulations related to CRE finance
- Outgoing personality for marketing, negotiation, and presentation
- High technical proficiency (Excel, data organization)
- Strong financial analysis skills (cash flow modelling, leveraged math)
- Strong structuring & logic skills
- Strong legal background (term sheets, loan documentation)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in English (written and verbal). Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese is also required