Work with the Country Lead of Sustainable Finance of Hong Kong to support the Team to drive origination, develop strong client relationships and be seen as expert in SF by internal and external stakeholders.
The individual will need to be a self-starter, holding a genuine interest and passion for sustainable finance and is up for a quick learning curve and a dynamic working environment. The candidate will have the chance to work with the top team and learn the first hand of the most upfront development of the industry. He/she is required to support senior team member on various tasks, such as pitching, deal execution, business reporting and administrative, business initiatives and other tasks which team lead may see fit.
Our Sustainable Finance team serves as a centre of expertise on a broad set of ESG topics, providing thought leadership, strategic advice and transaction support for SCB's clients. The group sits within the Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Bank and works with sales and coverage teams to identify and deliver on ESG-related advisory and product opportunities. Strategy
- Work to support team members to development and implementation of client strategies for Sustainable Finance products
- Work closely with the Team Lead of Sustainable Finance Hong Kong to develop and execute a plan that would make SC the Bank best known for Sustainable Finance by our clients and other stakeholders. Works closely with the wider SF team, coverage and product leaders to develop and understanding of the competitive landscape and identify prospective partners who can address customer needs and accelerate growth
- Support team to collaborate with group corporate affairs to build a regional internal / external stake strategy promoting sustainability. Ensuring a consistent messaging to the internally and to the wider market
- Support team to develop new sustainable finance transactions and origination across all products, loans, bonds, trade derivatives and deposits
- Be able to work with relationship teams to assist team members on developing client transition plans that encourage decarbonisation
- Proactively keeping abreast of regional global, and industry developments, assess implications and align and develop Bank relevant initiatives across businesses in response to regulatory and industry development in sustainable finance
- Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
People and Talent
- Proactively supporting team to manage the designated Sustainable Finance client and product portfolio to ensure, risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Maintain Close ties exist with key stakeholders e.g. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance, Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery, etc.
- Training and capacity building of the regional origination, and risk teams
- Build and maintain an understand on environmental and social risks across industry classes
- Safeguard the bank against reputation risk damage but proactively developing sustainable finance structures that are in line with global industry best practices
- Encourage good and proactive management environmental, social, regulatory, reputational and ethical risks governance across by all areas of the business
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure compliance with the sustainable finance governance structure and environmental and social risk management policies. Challenge improvement of these
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local and international regulator prescribed responsibilities and policies.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regional management, product, and client teams
- Global and regional heads of Sustainable Finance
- Global Head of Environmental Social Risk Management
- Global Sustainable Finance Team
- CCIB, GB, FM, TB, CF
- External: The Bank's customers, competitors, regulators, investors and partners
- Degree (BA or equivalent) from top tier universities
- Good commercial sense and genuine interest in Sustainable Finance
- Clear presentation skills and master of basic office tools (e.g. power points, excel and word)
- Professional maturity, up for quick learning, fast-paced but rewarding career and learning experience
- Ability to promote good teamwork, collaboration and management of conflict across stakeholders
- Language preference: Ability to speak, read and write in Mandarin and fluent in English. Korean and Japanese would be a plus.
- Ability to independently drive initiatives with minimum hands-on supervision
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Delivery and execution focused
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
About Standard Chartered
- Genuine interest in Sustainable Finance, good commercial sense and clear communication skills, professional maturity and collaboration spirit Core
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers