We're home to Asia's most dynamic and vibrant capital markets.
Connecting capital, ideas, inspiration and innovation for deeper, more diverse and liquid global capital markets; providing greater choice and opportunity for our customers, each and every day.
HKEX is a purpose-driven company. Our commitment to the long-term development of our business and our markets is articulated in our purpose: "To Connect, Promote and Progress our Markets and the Communities they support for the prosperity of all." Job Summary:
This is a greenfield development opportunity to design, build and implement the next generation derivatives platform. We are committed to modernize our infrastructure and aligning our operating model to a client-led framework. This is our key strategic project to bring innovation to market participants in trading, clearing and risk management of derivatives contracts. Job Duties:
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to join us as System Development Manager. The incumbent will have the opportunity to develop and work with new technology. The incumbent will be part of the mission critical platform development for HKEX. They will have the exposure to work closely with seasoned, enthusiastic technologist as well as senior stakeholder. Responsibilities:
- Support core mission critical market system and in-house internal system by providing timely first line fire-fight support, as well as on-going preventive maintenance.
- Act as a team lead to carry out duties in system development life cycle, including effort estimation, collecting user requirements, system design, programming, functional and technical testing and production migration, in accordance with the IT development standards and guidelines, and company-wide policies and standards.
- Undertake assignments and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics or related disciplines.
- At least 7 years' system development experience, preferably in financial services industry.
- Solid experience in application design and development in Java, Linux platform and shell scripts, web technology, database.
- Good in mathematics and good analytical skills, knowledge or interest in developing career in the domain of Value-at-Risk a definite advantage.
- Experience in Cloud technology an added advantage.
- Good communication skills in English and Cantonese. Mandarin is an plus
- Candidates with less experience would be considered as Senior System Analyst (Associate).
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace. Location:
HKEX - TKO Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type: