Systems Development Manager - IT (Clearing System Development & Support) (9-month Contract)
We seek dynamic and passionate individuals to fill the position of IT Specialist. The candidate should be experienced IT professionals with substantial experience gained in an application development life cycle environment developing enterprise-wide mission critical application systems utilizing database technologies. The candidates should have minimum of 5 years of relevant experience respectively and have the requisite experiences gained.
The successful candidates should have good grasp of technologies, excellent presentation and communication skills. Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with data architect to implement data architecture design with various database, data warehouse, BI tools and necessary programming utilities;
- Manage data analysts / developer team by providing ETL packages and automation tools;
- Work closely with data analyst and business teams on implementing BI reports with various data visualization gadgets;
- Manage and coordinate systems development activities, and review deliverables.
- Develop and test software to meet/exceed specified requirements;
- Ensure that software is written according to industry standard practices;
- Investigate and resolve bugs and technical issues;
- Vendor management;
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Recognized University degree or above in mathematics, computer science or related major;
- At least 5 years of software development experience in data related applications, preferably in financial services projects.
- Proficient in at least one common commercial BI platforms, ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools like (SSIS, OWB, DI, Informatica, Crystal Reports, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.), reporting utilities, etc.;
- Strong knowledge on DB2 and Oracle Databases and related programming languages such as SQL, at least one scripting language and at least one high-level programming language;
- Possess working knowledge in the securities industry is an advantage Good command of written English, Cantonese speaking preferable
- Specialized in applying various ETL, BI tools and application development skills to implement data architecture designed by data architect;
- Specialized in programming reports in different formats with various data visualization gadgets;
- Able to provide automation tools in an agile way with script or high-level programming languages;
- Knowledge about Big Data and/or AI technologies;
- Able to work under pressure and under tight deadlines;
- Driven to exceed expectation and positive outcome;
- Good time keeper, person of integrity;
- Fast learner, team player;
- Commitment to quality, attention to detail;
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.