TRAINEE: IT DevOps Equity Post Trade - Banking Operations - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Provide day to day application support of end users
- Participate in application design and development
- Help manage user requirements/problems and identify business priorities
- Communicate and report to IT peers
- Assist with other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Academic background or a first experience with software development skills (Java/SQL ...)
- Demonstrable understanding of object oriented design and development.
- Basic knowledge of Equity derivatives products
- Responsible and Proactive
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Result orientated and demonstrates strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions
- Strong analytical mind
- Keen to learn
- Good communication skills and team spirit
- Well organized, reliable and quality oriented
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Behavioral Skills
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team's interest over my own results
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA. Department Description
The candidate, if successful, will be part of the Asia Equity Post Trade team and will be handling all topics along the booking chain, from Front Office to Back Office.
The team is providing support to Asia users while developing new features or solutions to cater for business development. When the scope is not limited to Asia, the team will be interacting with their peers in other regions (AMER, EUROPE).
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2021/01/18