TRAINEE: Infrastructure Software Engineer - Information Technology Hong Kong
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software to offer Digital Workplace Self-services
- Solve problems related to mission critical infrastructure by building automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Measure and monitor software usage and behaviour and define necessary improvements
- Engage in incident response to restore production services involving software issues
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Your Profile:
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Knowledge with object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures
- Knowledge with Front-end Web development, such as Vue or AngularJs is a plus
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting scalable distributed systems
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed (preferred)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS).
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of SG group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery).
Job code: 19000HK3
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 04/07/2019