TRAINEE: Market Activity Analyst - Risks - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Understand trading strategies and products features on the Fixed income and Currencies Exotics Desk
- Assist senior members in the team with producing and certifying Risk Analysis, monitoring and explaining Risk Metrics breaches for the trading desks and risk management
- Assist with daily, weekly and monthly reporting of PnL and Income Attribution results
- Review current risk batches setup and configuration and work closely with other department including IT support, Finance teams and Trading assistants to improve current workflow and efficiencies
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar
- Ability to work under pressure and able to meet deadlines and anticipate potential issues
- Good communication, teamworking and organizational skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Good command of Excel and knowledge of python would be beneficial
- • Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Behavioural Skills
- Client - Sales and Marketing Strategy: I contribute to adapt our offer to our clients'/internal partners' needs
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
Business insight Company Description
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you're joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
Still hesitating? You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth. ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA. Department Description
The Metric Monitoring Group is part of Market Risk Department and its mandate mainly consist of the following:
- PnL Certification
- Market Risk Certification
The VIE will work in the Fixed income and Currencies Exotics Team in HK.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2021/02/05