Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- A core member of the technical team responsible for developing the technical competence of the Hong Kong Tax Practice of the Firm and projecting the same to be recognized in the market.
- Closely following the legislative and case-law developments on tax matters and IRD administrative practices including those relating to the BEPS 2.0 initiatives.
- Preparing Hong Kong Tax Alerts updating clients on the above developments and periodic updating of other EY publications including the Hong Kong Chapter of the Worldwide Corporate Tax Guide and Individual Income Tax Guide.
- Preparing written submissions of the Firm to the HKSAR Government or Legislative Council expressing EY’s views or suggestions on tax legislative proposals or policies; and commenting on draft Departmental Interpretation and Practice Notes for the IRD’s consideration.
- Discussing with client services teams on tax issues and administrative practices that can be clarified by the IRD in its annual meetings with the HKICPA; and representing EY to attend preparatory meetings of the HKICPA for setting agenda items for the annual meetings.
- Preparing internal training materials and conducing tax training courses for staff members; facilitating technical discussion sessions for tax executives on topical issues; and presenting at or preparing slides for client and other external tax seminars.
- Providing technical support to client service teams.
- Researching on topics that are relevant to the EY annual exercise on the fiscal budget of Hong Kong including EY pre-budget day press conference publicising our views on the upcoming fiscal budget and conveying the same in our budget submission to the Financial Secretary; preparing our Budget Insights on the budget day; and holding or participating in post budget day events.
- Maintaining and updating the repository for technical materials and previous client engagement deliverables of the Practice as a source of reference for future engagements.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- University graduates with a minimum of 6 years of Hong Kong Tax experience
- A CPA, CTA, law license or other certification relevant to an area of specialization
- General knowledge of tax laws with specialized knowledge in one or more technical areas
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to interact effectively with both management and clients
- Excellent supervisory, analytical, organizational, and leadership ability
- Proven ability of managing complex and sizable assignments
- A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Mandarin.
If you’re looking for a role that’ll challenge you, give you opportunities to grow and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
What we look for
- We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our services. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.