The candidate’s role in Middle Office Sales and Client Services Support team will be to facilitate and to smooth the processing of the operations in the processing chains by ensuring an effective and relevant control process of operations initiated by all Business Lines of Global Markets Division (GMD). The position is based in Hong-Kong and the candidate will report locally to the Head of Capital Markets Middle Office
Trade Processing & Monitoring
- Provide support to Front Office business lines under Global Markets Division during Asian trading hours.
- Ensure transactional integrity across trading applications
- Perform trade modification, Allocations, cancellation, and/ or trade event processing sent by back office or front office upon trading approval and report profit and loss impact, if any.
- Provide an efficient post-trade support by ensuring trade information flows efficiently through deal processing from front office to back office system and front-office to front office system Investigate and follow-up of breaks sent by back office, front office and other internal departments.
- Support local business development and volume increase.
- Monitor interfaces between different FO systems.
- Provide FO or BO team with daily reports.
Collateral and MTM client Management
- Manage the Margin calls with clients
- Contracts setup and liaison with the various teams involved, setup in the systems
- Co-ordinate with Front Office, Risk and other concerned departments to setup client desk and issue Mark-to-Market statements to clients
- Follow-up on query from clients
- Handle Audit confirmation for capital market transactions booked in HK
- Manage and ensure all daily activities and controls are completed on a timely manner
- Inform Head of Middle Office of any new requests and process change request
- Escalate without delay to Management on any unusual activity identified
- Provide and arrange training to ensure all teammates are knowledgeable and updated with the current processes.
- Ensure adequate cover to undertake duties in the event of temporary needs, holidays, sickness
- Initiate change to improve team organization, including but not limited to process change, internal workflow.
- Manage operational risks efficiently and towards a 0 incident goal.
Transversal and Managerial responsibilities
- Assist to define and produce KPIs in order to monitor and benchmark effectiveness of the team.
- Ensure the controls and procedures are developed to support the business and reduce operational risks.
- Act as a point of contact for the introduction of new products and ensure that procedures are in place to correctly book and manage these transactions.
- Develop strong relationship with different stakeholders.
- Manage the team workload, ensure back-ups are in place, provide constant feedbacks to team members.
- Develop an effective reporting to the Head of Capital Market Operations and the global head of Middle-Offices.
- Ensure the team management (animation, recruitment, goals, appraisal, training) Develop the usage of managerial tools. Ensure strong team cohesion.
- University Degree holder from discipline in Finance, Mathematics or Engineering.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in Back Office or Middle Office environment with minimum 2 years of previous Managerial experience.
- Good knowledge of financial products and understanding of the operational risks involved in Capital Markets activities
- Good analytical, organizational and interpersonal skill
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, project management and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to details and a self-starter who is highly motivated.
- Good judgement, alertness and common sense
- Good analytical, communication, organizational and interpersonal skill
- Fluency in English.
- Versatile with PC tools and applications, e.g. MS Office, VBA