Top tier MNC with long establish track record currently looking for a Team Lead - Software Engineer Developer to join Hong Kong office and work closely with Senior Management globally.
Leading Software Development
Assigning tasks and ensuring the team is aligned with project goals and timelines
- Driving and ensuring effective software development processes are in place – code review, testing, retrospectives, etc
- Evaluating team performance and setting individual and team performance goals
- Continuously improving the software development process and promoting collaboration within the team
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, such as product management, design, and QA, to define and prioritise software development projects
- Communicating project status and risks to stakeholders
- Participating in technical discussions and decision-making, representing the team, and providing technical guidance
- Mentoring team members on technical skills and best practices
- Conducting code and design reviews to ensure high-quality software is being developed
- Supporting the development team with technical problems and questions
- Reviewing technical designs and giving detailed feedback.
- Review architectural decisions and support releases based upon our codebase.
- 3+ years experience of leading other software engineers in an agile environment – using either SCRUM, XP or Kanban
- Track record of delivering complex solutions, as part of a team, in challenging circumstances
- Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing – both with onshore and remote team members
- Ability to think strategically and make data-driven decisions while working under pressure
- Able to balance feature development, tech debt and test coverage in an agile environment
- Lead the sprint process including all meetings such as retrospectives, stand-ups, product demos, etc.
- Experience working with React, Serverless, ELK Stack, AWS and/or Docker.
- Experience in design of databases such as Postgres, Oracle, MariaDB
- Professional SCRUM Master / Agile Leadership or similar certifications
- Thorough understanding of concepts, principles and implementation approaches of service-oriented architecture including microservices, micro frontends, docker containers, CI/CD, TDD, Ansible, etc.