About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Supervise associates and analysts for analysing alerts generated by transaction monitoring system as well as other non-automated cases with financial crime or money laundering concerns
- Ensure suspicious transactions are thoroughly investigated and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) are filed with accurate information in a timely manner
- Ensure the suitability and quality of case data maintained on enterprise case management systems
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends
- Provide advice on AML matters when required and maintain sound working relationship with stakeholders and peers
- A recognised university degree or professional qualification in Law / Finance / Accounting / Business or related disciplines
- 3 years and above (for Associate/Team Lead role) of AML / transaction monitoring experience
- Familiar with local regulatory requirements
- A sound understanding of suitability considerations, and demonstrate them when reviewing alerts or investigating incidents
- Good analytical, reporting writing and methodical skills
- Excellent team player with strong written and oral communications
- Exercise judgment when to escalate or how to investigate a case, as well as the severity of any exception
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.