Team Manager, Trade Operation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Business
- Monitor workflows to ensure all transactions are promptly processed as reflected by the agreed turnaround times for customers and also to ensure that the nature, complexity and value of transactions are processed by team members who possess the compatible expertise.
- Review Product Program and DOI to ensure associated risks are duly addressed and mitigated.
- Control over all the back office accounting, balancing and reconciliation functions.
- Maintain system access security control.
- Train up team members to maximize the productivity of resources available and to ensure that they have the required level of expertise to answer customers' queries and apply the operational standards required by the Bank.
- Monitor morale and constantly motivate subordinates to ensure that optimum level of productivity and service standards are achieved.
- Maintain control over day-to-day operations to ensure that the Bank's policies, operational guidelines are duly adhered to by team members and GBS.
- Prompt and early escalation of risk issues.
- Establish close relationship with Customer Services Group (CSG) at managerial level.
- Approve transactions up to the delegated authorities.
- Provide supports to Senior Manager for special assignments and project works.
- Strictly comply with:
- Bank policies and procedures
- Operational procedures / guidelines
Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions procedures, in particular, report any suspicious activities as per current guidelines Regulatory & Business Conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Hong Kong / Trade Operations/ Operation team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Strong managerial skills and leadership quality
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of trade operations cycle.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain a good professional relationship with external and internal contacts.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.