We are looking for an energetic customer focused individual to join our Technology division at Macquarie's Hong Kong office. This customer facing role requires desktop support to be provided across all of Macquarie's businesses through a designated Tech Assist walk up desk and aligned trade floor support, representing a modern-day change on how we drive technology support. The successful candidate will be part of customer facing support role that provides support via a walk-up desk and who will provide support on real-time IT infrastructure and systems within a dealing room environment.
As a first point of contact for all staff with a query around Technology within Macquarie, you will have immediate impact on the service to our business and be the face of technology. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, can think on your feet, have a flexible and easy-going attitude, the ability to multi-task and prioritise, as well as work effectively with minimal supervision.
As a customer facing team, we are motivated to continually improve our services and are passionate about creating an outstanding customer experience.
General Responsibilities include:
- Delivering a client focussed service experience for technology user queries in a professional and timely manner while demonstrating the highest standards of written and verbal communication, in both a trading and non-trading environment.
- Hold customer training and education sessions on new technology products and initiatives.
- Provide general technology support via a walk up desk and build relationships with your clients
- Ownership of technology problems or requests until satisfactorily resolved.
- Working with Shared Service Centres, Problem Management and other technology teams to deliver continual service improvement and ensure business requirements are being met.
- Deliver smaller operational projects daily, such as staff moves, software deployments or hardware rollouts.
- Build and deploy PCs and Laptops, including asset management tasks.
- Liaising with external vendors for support or maintenance work.
- Willingness to understand local IT compliance and work with the teams to ensure obligations are met, including business continuity and external exchange requirements and audit items.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Provide regular status updates to clients, stakeholders, and management during troubleshooting efforts.
- Ability to perform local communications room support and maintenance.
Basic technical responsibilities:
- Providing high level support of the Microsoft Windows 10 SOE, and Office 365.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Ability to support and troubleshoot issues with technologies: including but not limited to: Windows Desktop, Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Cabling), Remote Access Connectivity (VPN), Telephony (BT Dealing Consoles/Cisco VoIP phones/Voice Recording) and corporate iPhone and BYOD offerings.
- Sound knowledge of Desktop, LAN, peripheral device installation and support is essential.
- Familiarity with iPhone and iPad client, Android, and the associated management software.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of business applications to increase career development.
- Familiar with Data Centre technologies and processes.
- After hours/weekend support may be required. This may include but not limited to activities such as power downs, business continuity testing, software releases, floor moves.
- Basic understanding of Market Data applications such as Bloomberg, Reuters, EBS, Factset.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Experience working within an investment bank or financial services sector, highly desirable but not essential.
- ITIL certified or at least a working knowledge.
- Experience collaborating with offshore, global support teams.
- Ticket capturing and time logging.
- Fluent in English and Cantonese both verbal and written. Mandarin is highly desirable but not essential.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future' is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.