Technical Architect, Commercial Banking IT - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
HSBC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, ethnic minorities and individuals returning to the workplace following a career break or retirement, as these groups are currently underrepresented within the financial services industry.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Technical Architect
. Principal responsibilities
- Work closely with infrastructure architects and solution architects from other Group entities to devise Technical Platform roadmap
- Work closely with DevOps Engineers and have detail knowledge of deployment, automation, orchestration and monitoring tools
- Keep abreast of the latest group standard architectural principles and guidelines, communicating these effectively to project teams and key stakeholders
- Provide guidance to development teams with regards to solution patterns offered by our platform
- Prepare architectural documentation, conduct architectural review
- Provide technical leadership on enhancing our platform's offering including but not limited to public cloud adoption, DevOps tooling
- Liaise with our global teams to design a follow the sun support model.
- Communicate effectively with external and internal project stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions, internal control standards and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Groups standards of ethical behavior
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Solid experience in designing and developing mission critical, high performance applications and application framework
- Production Support experience on mission critical systems
- Proven track record in designing systems in large financial organizations
- Professional level in Java, Spring, Maven, Jenkins
- Proven track record in working with various messaging technology
- Hands on coding, strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation, project management, negotiation and written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial acumen, strong business sense and ability to understand business requirements
- Flexible to work with people with different time zones and be able to bridge the gaps between different parties and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Able to work effectively with teams in multiple locations and lead global projects
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, under pressure and proactively in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Able to work independently and manage multiple initiatives
- Occasion travel to our development centre in China is required and proficiency in Mandarin would be an advantage
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.