Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Digital Business Services - Information Technology
In Hang Sang Information Technology, we amplify our services and solutions through innovative application of technologies, delivering a comprehensive range of products and services in meeting changing customer needs. We enhance customer convenience, access and choices across our distribution channels, providing secure and engaged offering at individual's lifestyle expectation. We advocate creativity and collaboration to unlock the potential of our people, creating an open and progressive workplace. We develop deep expertise in financial technologies, consulting and partnering with our business in delivering customer centric propositions in an agile environment.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Technical Leader. Principal responsibilities:
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- of Work with testing teams for troubleshoot defects and issues
- Estimate and break down tasks to achieve realistic targets
- Alignment with project managers to track key deliverables
- Lead an engineering team to deliver technical solutions as assigned
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- University degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline
- Minimum 5-7 years of work experience specifically in frontend / backend development, system integration / migration
- Proven experience as Technical Leader
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Experienced in CI / DevOps and automated testing tools; such as Confluence, Jira and Jenkins
- Effective communication skills in spoken and written English
- Able to multitask, proactive and attention to detail
- Sense of urgency to solve problems and propose solutions
- Proven emphasis on quality with experience of agile development methodology
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.