We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Technology Consulting - Data and Analytics (DnA) team in our Hong Kong office.
EY Data and Analytics (EY DnA) is our flagship data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region. Your Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be the technical leader for data engineering within the EY DnA team in Hong Kong. You will work with broader DnA team to deliver solutions utilizing leading big data platforms and cloud technologies. Our team is working on some of the latest technologies in the region using advanced analytics solutions such as Azure, AWS, Cloudera and Snowflake etc.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver the data pipelines, interfaces, and architecture solutions utilizing cloud-based data and analytics platform - Azure, AWS or GCP and Hadoop ecosystem including technologies such as Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR
- Design and develop of highly scalable data analytics platforms, distributed systems and automated data integration pipelines
- Work with data management technologies for data integration, data quality and governance, master data management, data lineage, data catalog, metadata management and data security
- Work with database technologies such as Azure SQL Data Warehouse, AWS Redshift, Oracle and NoSQL technologies such as Cosmo DB, Cassandra, MongoDB and Neo4j
Skills and Attributes For Success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in Data Management with at least 3 years' experience in delivering data projects as a Data Engineer or ETL developer
- Strong experience in various data management architectures such as Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Fabrics and Data Hub
- Highly skilled in data architecture, data modelling, data pipeline design, data integration and data quality solutions
- Solid skills in using data integration tooling such as Informatica, Datastage, SSIS, Nifi, Talend and Alteryx
- Solid skills in SQL and proficiency in one of the programming languages such as Python/Scala, C#, Java and C++
- Experience in Azure (Data Factory, Function App, Azure Batch, Synapse, Blob Storage) and AWS (Glue, S3, Athena, Redshift, Kinesis), GCP or other cloud environments
- Experience in handling unstructured data and structured data with large, complex and multiple data sets from various sources
- Experience in working with real-time, near real-time, MQ and streaming solutions utilizing technologies such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Azure Event Grid/Hub, Service Bus and Spark Streaming
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical written skills for both technical and business audiences
- Fluency in English, Mandarin or Cantonese preferred
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Experience with DevOps capabilities such as version control, automated builds, testing and release management capabilities with Git, Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket, Nexus is a plus
- Experience with Containerization techniques (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AKS) is a plus
- Knowledge on Machine Learning Models and Algorithms is a plus
- Working experience in the Digital, Mobile App and Web environment is a plus
What We Offer
We strive to recruit the talented people. This means you will be surrounded by highly skilled and passionate individuals wherever you go at EY. When you join our team, you open the door to a stimulating international career. It is rewarding to be part of an organization that is at the forefront of analytics. You will get a chance to work on and support sophisticated and market-leading products. We are a global organization with a promising future and lots of opportunities for you to evolve and grow. A culture where respect, integrity and teaming define the way we work together. You'll also find support for your continuous growth and success.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.