Trade Operations Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
A Trade Operations Analyst will work as part of our APAC Trade Operations & Coordination team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment where the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while experiencing short-term interruptions is highly valued. The individual will work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues around the world. The primary responsibility of a Trade Operations Analyst will be supporting our APAC trading desk by problem solving and troubleshooting trade related issues.
A Trade Operations Analyst will:
- Investigate and resolve various trade and FX related discrepancies by interacting with brokers, banks, and Wellington personnel
- Assist with the onboarding of brokers, primarily for the stock & bond connect market
- Partner with teams in our global offices to set up new markets for trading
- Continuously develop their understanding of the dynamic APAC markets and its nuances by taking initiative to research operational requirements of existing and new markets/asset types being considered
- Identify and address opportunities for greater efficiency and automation within the day-to-day role & team
- Engage professionally with external service providers (i.e. brokers, banks and vendors), which includes but is not limited to setting up meetings to discuss areas for improvement, potential collaborative opportunities, etc.
- Support the APAC traders in pre- and post- trade preparations, through events such as IPO subscriptions
- Demonstrate an open mindset towards cross-training between functions and roles to achieve the team goal of being able to support one-another (i.e. being able to switch between FI & EQ, or TO & TC)
- Work closely with our APAC Client & Portfolio Services teams in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Boston, London and Sydney to implement sound, efficient workflows, controls and procedures
A Trade Operations Analyst must be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure, possess a high degree of analytical ability and have the ability to plan/prioritize tasks in a fluid environment. Team orientation and the ability to work in concert with external service providers and colleagues located around the world are essential. Successful candidates must have impeccable integrity, a fiduciary mindset, and the ability to consistently place the interest of our clients as the number one factor in judgment, decision-making and actions.
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate/possess:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Knowledge of equity and fixed income products
- Experience working with stock & bond connect markets, particularly in relation to the nuances around account opening, broker onboarding, settlement complications, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with the ability and confidence to work independently
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, with an emphasis on accuracy, concision, and timeliness
- Ensure that our processes reflect the client's best interest and risk is mitigated as best as possible
- Personal qualities and values that are consistent with and would be additive to Wellington Management's culture as described in our culture statement
- Must be a good team player and possess flexible mindset to work in a team environment
- A creative mindset focused on finding ways to improve current processes and work-flows
- Experience with commonly used business applications such as ALERT, Bloomberg, Omgeo Connect/ Central Trade Matching (CTM), Omgeo TradeSuite and SWIFT will be considered a plus
- Local language skills will be viewed favorably (i.e. Cantonese, Mandarin)
- Technical skills, such as data mining via SQL, Tableau or other platforms, or coding languages such as Python, will be viewed favorably
Trade Operations Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .