Trade Operations Assistant
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Processing transactions in Trade Port prescribed products accurately and efficiently in accordance with the customer instructions and according to the banks operational instructions to protect both the customers and Bank's interest.
- Pre-process trade transactions according to the laid down procedures and standard of service.
- Understand fully the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- offered to customers
- signed between the Country Processing Centre (CPC) and Shared Service Centre (SSC), giving full support to achieving it.
- Build up good relationship with all internal customers, i.e. good team work within the country team/unit.
- Make effort to continue improving personal product knowledge, to acquire multi-products processing skill.
- Make effort to improve personal productivity and output level. To achieve established standard.
- Help train junior staff on technical and operational skills.
- Understand the risks associated with Products Processing and ensure that they are minimized.
- Understand the Banks operational risk standard underlying operating process and follow them carefully.
- Where necessary to maintain good customer relationship by responding promptly, accurately and courteously to enquiries, or request for advice relative to new or outstanding transactions.
- Strictly comply with:
- Bank policies and procedures
- Operational procedures / guidelines
- Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions procedures, in particular, report any suspicious activity as per current guidelines
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/[team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Minimum of 5 years trade finance general operational knowledge
- Good understanding of Letter of Credit operations and UCP rules
- Comprehensive knowledge of trade documentation and shipping products
- All around banking knowledge with good understanding of credit control principles
- Good understanding of trade operation knowledge including Letter of credit operations and UCP rules
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Good understandings of trade related compliance check
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.