A global asset manager is seeking a high calibre to support daily operational activities across the investment lifecycle, portfolio management and projects.
Order generation (input only):
- Order Generation of various asset classes into Bloomberg AIM
- Monitor maturities and expiring contracts – Inform IM and rolling.
- Asset allocation changes and implementation management – Rebalance of portfolios per IM request
- Cash management – Cash projection monitor, FX instructions to cover/ repatriate local currency following trades, corporate action, Proxy voting
- Providing support to the investment team and institutional clients
- Act as subject matter expert on the funds / portfolios covered
- Overseeing the Service Provider in reconciling portfolio level activity
- Reconcile transactions, valuations, management and performance fee calculations, P&L components, and other activity between the Group and the fund administrator’s records on an agreed basis to ensure accuracy
- Working effectively with outsourced third-party administrators and internal parties to ensure a high level of service. Raising service issues in an appropriate manner and following up issues to resolution
- Maintaining awareness of client mandates, portfolio governing documents and regulatory restrictions
- Assist in new fund set-up / fund termination when required
Reports, Systems and Operational process improvement:
- Prepare relevant portfolio reporting as required
- Respond to numerous ad hoc requests from internal and external clients for additional information
- Weekly/ Monthly Investment manager meeting reports preparation – update packs using FACTSET, Reuters, Bloomberg etc, submit to print prior to meetings.
- Systems, procedures and controls – involvement in system projects, updating procedures and documents
- Research and projects – Assist IM with any ad hoc projects or research papers.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Accounting, Finance, or related business field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English and Mandarin, knowledge in Cantonese is preferred
- Solid experience in Fund Manager support role / fund operation
- Experience in using Bloomberg AIM, FactSet and Aladdin is preferred
- Experience using spreadsheet and database personal computer applications is preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to effectively summarize findings, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to perform accurately under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated.