Trade Support Middle Office Associate – Top Tier Hedge Fund The team allocates trades in the relevant order management systems and ensure that they are sent downstream correctly. The team is also responsible for the trade confirmation and the settlements process.
- Allocate trades across all products in the relevant order management systems.
- Work with traders to ensure trade details are entered accurately.
- Rebook trades due to discrepancies in commission, fees, broker, etc.
- Ensure that all settlement issues are handled properly.
- Resolve claims issued by brokers and custodians.
- Monitor and resolve failed trades.
- Undertake regular risk analysis of departmental processes and procedures
- Work with colleagues locally and globally to develop methodology and reporting to support new business and products.
- Participation in global internal working groups and functional service level forums.
- Attend relevant Industry forums.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or another relevant discipline
- Minimum of two years proven Investment Management Operations experience in trade support covering fixed income, and equity investments, preferably gained in a global asset management firm
- Prior experience with GTSS, DTCC CTM and ALERT, LVTS, and/or Minerva is an advantage
- Possess strong communication skills with proven experience in communicating with traders, brokers and custodians, work well in a team environment, and handle change with a positive outlook.
- Track records of outstanding professional performance or academic achievement, along with excellent analytical skills, financial skills, technical skills, attention to detail as well as strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong ability to work and manage in a collaborative environment and to present results to both expert and non-expert audiences.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in using Excel and VBA/Python and other programming skills are preferable.
- Good command of spoken and written English.