Transfer Agency Operations, Change management, Cash and Trade, Data System Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President
The Transfer Agency (TA) business is primarily responsible for the accurate maintenance of the fund and shareholder register as well as accurate capture and reporting of investor dealings in the fund for which Citi acts as the fund's transfer agent. The TA Change Management function essentially oversees both strategic & existing client change, responsible for ensuring smooth planning & execution for transitioning of new clients as well as enhancements to the systems & service for existing clients.
This Team forms part of the wider TA operations & technology unit. There is a strong focus on automated solutions leveraging the latest TA related technology and processes to deliver cost efficient & risk free processes through reduction of manual touch points. This approach applies equally to operational processes and strategic data migration from source data systems to citi's TA back office technology. Strong knowledge of TA operational models and the ability to demonstrate automation experience is critical for this role.
The candidate will also be responsible for handling daily BAU activities including aspects of client and vendor management & servicing with internal teams as well as external 3rd parties. Will work closely with colleagues in other teams within the Transfer Agency unit as well operations, fund accounting and technology groups. Key Responsibilities:
- Assists in planning and designing business processes; assists in formulating ideas/ recommendations to improve and support our Transfer Agency business activities.
- Assists in analysing and documenting client business requirements and processes; communicates these requirements to internal stakeholders, technology and core processing functions.
- Assists in developing and modifying system based requirements documentation to meet client needs.
- Participate in/lead data migration activities, i.e. data analysis from system and operational model perspective; develop data transformation rules for ETL (Extract Transform Load) development; data upload testing and reconciliation.
- Participates in meetings with clients to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Executes systems test from existing test plans either directly or with our offshoring UAT (User Acceptance Testing) teams. Assists in analysing test results in all phases.
- Participates in technical reviews and inspections to verify 'intent of change' is considered during each phase of the project, through to operational readiness.
- Manage, control and report on interdependent transfer agency projects.
- Develop an understanding of Citi's Global Transfer Agency strategy and Operating Model, in order to ensure that changes are delivered in line with our operating processes and service offering.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions with particular focus on reducing Manual Touch Points.
- Manage internal and external approvals process following Citi's corporate guidelines. Manage a review of legal documentation in order to align activities with contractual obligations.
- Communicate effectively within the Transfer Agency programme of activity in order to align activities, highlight dependencies and respond quickly to conflicting timelines.
- Ensure a smooth/ seamless transition of business change within a controlled framework.
- Coordinate, track and validate the effective transfer of knowledge as applicable.
- The candidate should have strong knowledge of the full trade cycle including other functions performed within TA. A high level understanding of the responsibilities of the Administrator and Custodian also useful.
The following aspects of the role are also important: Relationship and Network Building:
The candidate will be expected to focus on building constructive relationships with Citi's transfer agency outsourced vendors and other Citi locations that perform tasks on behalf of the global transfer agency unit, with the clients and other business partners both internally and externally. The candidate will require strong skill sets and experience with regard to:
- Acting as a key data migration and TA system Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the TA Change Management Team across multiple Citi TA function locations.
- Manage change across both internal teams & 3rd party business partners to ensure a controlled change environment.
- Engage in proactive added-value communication with vendors and other Citi locations, and conduct briefings within the transfer agency unit to build awareness across the teams.
- Understand the requirements of oversight and control of 3rd party outsourced functions and the importance of adhering to regulatory obligations.
This is a specialised role and is an ideal opportunity for a candidate with strong transfer agency operations and/or project management experience, particularly in relation to client servicing, back office support and outsourced functions. The role will provide opportunities for the candidate to participate in cross functional initiatives within TA and Funds Operations. Knowledge/Experience:
The candidate should have approximately 7 to 10 years of working experience. Preferably some of this time will have been spent in the Transfer Agency/Alternative funds administration space across data/systems management. Strong operational experience required, either directly for a TA operation or via a 3rd party consultancy for at least 3-4 years. Experience as the following areas also important:
- Proven Business Analyst experience
- Experience in the Transfer Agency business a plus
- Data migration experience
- Database query language an advantage, i.e. MS SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, etc.
- Strong knowledge of at least one market standard Transfer Agency platform
- Knowledge / Experience on the PFS Paxus Funds system would be a significant advantage
- Candidates with professional services experience within fintech/wealth tech & professional consultancy company also desirable
In addition to a strong knowledge of Transfer Agency operations and the Funds Industry as outlined above, the candidate also needs to display strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, people management skills and time management skills. The candidate also needs to be able to work independently on projects or sub-sets of projects and effectively represent TA. The candidate should also be methodical and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Qualifications:
Candidates should be educated to at least 3rd level, i.e. University Degree or equivalent. Professional qualifications are preferred but not mandatory. Competencies:
Delivery of high quality service to internal and external customers;
- Manage the delivery of tasks in a timely, accurate and controlled environment, ensuring priority items are identified and dealt with in a prompt manner, escalating as necessary.
- Display effective organisation skills in order to manage competing priorities.
- Liaise effectively with other parties, both internally and externally and communicate in a professional manner at all times.
- Represent the TA in a competent and professional manner with external vendors and clients.
- Represent the TA in the regular service calls with external vendors and outsource business partners.
- Provide an excellent standard of service to our clients both internally and externally.
Identify and assume ownership of issues;
- Take responsibility for assigned tasks and priorities to ensure expectations are met.
- Maintain a calendar of tasks for the team, ensuring the team meets the deadlines agreed.
- Co-ordinate or act as TA representative on larger projects, as requested.
- Become actively involved in the development of the business by involvement in initiatives such as new business take ons.
- Contribute to the effective risk awareness within the team, helping ensure the wider team adheres to all documented controls
People and self-management:
- Display effective delegation skills by focusing on developing junior individuals within your team.
- Display effective people management skills with all stakeholders.
- Ability to build a strong and trusted working relationship with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Completion of all assigned training and management of your own training path by identifying personal training needs and opportunities.
- Adaptable and is capable of assimilating to different environments.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .