Translation Editor (Chinese, Korean, and\/or Japanese)
- Translate complex rating methodologies, research reports, press releases and other relevant material into Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. Occasionally, translate Chinese, Korean or Japanese material into English.
- Timely and accurate translations; abiding by and adhering to Moody's research standards; Address flaws on a grammatical and technical level
- Ensure that final documents are accurate, clear and flow well in the target language.
- Assist in workflow of translated materials with support functions
- Foster strong relationship with internal customers, managing expectations with regards to translation services.
- Exercise judgment when problems are identified, proposing solutions to help further enhance the translation process and escalating when necessary.
- Maintain a highly efficient communication with analysts to ensure that consistent translation approach and terminologies are adopted.
- Apply Trados and other technologies, where applicable, to increase efficiency.
- Execute ad hoc projects.
- Degree holder in Journalism, Translation or Business-related disciplines.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in similar fields, journalism or content editing will be an advantage.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, Chinese and/or Korean and/or Japanese.
- Sound knowledge of PC operations, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and word processing.
- Familiarity with Trados or other CAT tools or machine translation, will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of financial terminology.
- Strong sense of responsibility, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with eye for details and a good team player.
- Good communications skills & customer service-oriented approach.
- Work experience in research editorial in financial institutions will be an advantage.
MIS Research (MIS RSRCH)
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody's Investors Service is among the world's most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.