Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms, specialising in options market making. Technology is at the core of our business, and our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets. Founded in 2007, we have approximately 100 staff across our three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney and Shanghai.
The successful candidate will be a new addition to the UI development team, building out the company’s next generation derivative trading and risk management UIs.
The UI Team builds and maintains all user interfaces for the company. We create highly configurable data-driven user interfaces using a variety of technologies including: C#, WPF, Reactive Extensions, TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Python and HTML5 canvas based data grid. Our UIs are built to deal with thousands of updates per second while also providing a rich set of features. We focus on building generic components that can be used for a wide range of use cases rather than many different single purpose UIs. Everyone in the team has the opportunity to work on all these technologies building out new features as well as improving existing ones.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement intuitive and highly usable user interfaces for pricing, risk management and execution
- Partner with server side developers to define and implement integration points with existing server side trading applications
- Collaborate closely with traders to collect the requirements and devise solutions
- Test code rigorously and participate in code reviews
- Manage projects from requirements analysis through to completion
- Play an active role in your team's growth and results
What you offer
- 3+ years experience in C# software development, either client or server side
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming, SOLID principles and Design Patterns
- Strong understanding of concurrency issues and approaches
- Strong test driven mindset
- Experience with high performance UIs would be beneficial – particularly applications with fast moving data
- Experience with WPF is desirable but not essential
- Experience with Reactive Extensions is a big plus
- Knowledge of UX Design principles
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent English communication skills
- Financial domain knowledge is not required
What we offer
- Attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus
- Life/work balance in a multi-cultural environment with reasonable work hours
- A flat management structure, open communication across departments including Front Office, where everyone is willing to voice his/her opinion and give/take feedback.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.