US Tax Consulting Manager- PwC Mainland China and Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
General Tax Consulting Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Responsibilities :
- Manage advisory engagements without significant partner supervision;
- Review US corporate, partnership and state tax returns, and other tax compliance matters;
- Correspond with the tax authorities on clients' tax matters;
- Coach senior Associates.
- A recognized accounting or equivalent degree, or a law degree with emphasis in US tax;
- AICPA qualified or admitted to the Bar;
- At least eight years of experience in US corporate tax;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Proficient in Chinese and Mandarin is preferably;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Sound analytical skills and organizational skills;
- Bachelor of accounting/ finance/ commerce required
- Master of Tax consulting/ Accounting preferred
US CPA or equivalent Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date