See job description for details
Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards.
The incumbent will be responsible to assist Head of IBG1&2 Management Office on new business planning and existing portfolio management. Responsibilities
- Business Planning & Business Performance
- Work with Head of IBG1&2 Business Management to support Head of Chinese Enterprise and the entire senior management in IBG1&2 Chinese Enterprise and relevant stakeholders in delivering on the commercial strategy of the business
- Support strategy development key business growth initiatives for Chinese Enterprise, together with Team Heads, Product partners and relevant stakeholder, during regular Management Business reviews and yearly budget cycle
- Contribute to the critical evaluation of business opportunities with reference to our core strengths and the competitive landscape
- Work with all Team Heads to facilitate the provision of timely and insightful business performance data that support strategy execution
- Monitor and report relevant developments related to market dynamics, peers, benchmarks to help guide and further refine strategy execution
- Responsible for monitoring Chinese Enterprise business performance, working closely with Team Heads to ensuring delivery business budget plan
- Work closely with IBG Business Planning and Finance to ensure accurate and consistent management information, data and metrics where available
- Coordinate collaboration initiatives within IBG, other business lines and products, including internal and external marker
- Attend internal meetings and liaise with attendees on the summary minutes of such meetings with special emphasis on resolutions, initiatives and/or special assignments resulting from the meeting. Represent Chinese Enterprises to liaise with internal segments to achieve optimal solutions.
- Follow up progress on discussions, decisions and/or special assignments to assure timely response by the person(s) with designated responsibility. Monitors the progress and/or lack thereof, as necessary and seeks resolution of impediments and motivates results
- Portfolio Management
- Control and monitor portfolio data of IBG1&2 (both credit and business initiatives related) to achieve data accuracy for timely decision making and strategy formulation
- Ensure effective and consistent process for pipeline management and tracking of cross businesses collaborations
- Responsible for tracking and supporting the growth strategy while ensuring robust operational risk environment, where the business operates in compliance with all applicable policies
- Drive digital agenda to develop Data Driven Operating Model (DDOM) catering for the needs and business strategy of Chinese Enterprise
- Process / service level enhancement and deviation control follow up with all to-be-due or overdue reports daily and ensure the completion status of all items in the reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Engage in various projects assigned to support Chinese Enterprise
- Collaborate with IBG COO, RMG and second line of defence to maintain a robust and efficient control environment to ensure good operational and financial management
- Act as coordinator to regulatory and audit reviews for Chinese Enterprise
- Assist Head of Chinese Enterprise to promote a positive people agenda across the segment, one that results in a culture and behavior to drive DBS PRIDE value
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- University graduate with major in either Banking, Finance or Accounting. Candidate with Big 4 Accounting Firm OR Relationship Manager background is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of Finance Relevant Background
- Strong analytical and presentation skill with excellence grasp of PowerPoint/ excel / word and ability to distil large quantities of information into key themes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill with capacity to work with senior teams and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, filter information and prioritize demands
- Experience and knowledge of corporate banking, relevant product offerings as well as client engagement is a plus
- Effective communication and problem-solving technique
- Master on Excel/PPT/Data Analytics capability and knowledge in credit risk assessment
- Strong stakeholders' management skill for smooth collaboration within IBG teams, GSMC, Finance, Product Partners, RMG and internal Audit
- Familiar with banking policies and regulations
- Details and Results oriented