Our client is a global private banking group headquartered in Europe and operates worldwide. Due to the growth of the business, the private bank is now looking to hire a VP in the Audit department.
The primary responsibility of the position is to conduct risk-based audits of the Bank’s entities in the region:
- Review the controls established to ensure compliance with the Bank’s Group Guidelines, and other policies, plans, local procedures, business objectives; and identify and assess potential risks to the business;
- Review established procedures and systems and proposing improvements and assess the reliability and security of financial and management information and the systems and operations that produce this information; means of safeguarding assets;
- Advise management on the prevention of fraud, unethical practices, monitor code of conduct, insider dealing etc
- Audit KYC due diligence including money laundering controls;, services and operations, equities trading platforms, hedge funds, structured products, credit and lending, regulatory compliance, sophisticated financial products.
- Assist in the preparation of reports to various levels of management including the Audit Committee; and liaise with the external auditors to facilitate effective communication, and achieve optimal cost effectiveness.
To qualify for this role, you must have the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with at least 8-12 years of working experience, ‘Big 4” audit experience, or relevant risk management experience, preferably in private wealth management.
- Understands key risks in private banking, trading processes, products and credit.
- Familiarity with Hong Kong and Singapore regulatory requirements and
- A team player with the ability to collaborate, multi-task, work independently and seek guidance when necessary.
- Ability to think objectively and ‘out of the box’ when analyzing issues and making
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with different stakeholders
- Accuracy and attentive to details
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.