• The ability to deliver consistent high quality credit analysis and generating investment ideas to the team’s Portfolio Managers and helping them to shape portfolio management decisions. They will also regularly interact with other investment analysts and traders within the firm.
• High Yield corporate bonds across a range of sectors in the Asian markets, focusing on South East Asia (India especially)
• Ongoing monitoring of market indicators, issuers’ financial and news to make timely and effective credit calls to support managing credit risks
• Participating in various credit research discussions – new issue discussion, cross regional sector or issuer
• review discussions and regional asset allocation discussions for frontier and emerging Asian countries
• Build broad sector and country knowledge by working on various portfolios
• Coordinate team activities and actively participate in team projects, tasks skills
• 5 + years of relevant Asian HY credit research experience, preferably with international firm(s).
• Strong accounting and financial analysis skills and knowledge of/experience in financial models and quantitative analysis
• Ability to cover a range of industries and markets autonomously and to make informed decisions, often in a short time frame
• Good communication skills both in written and spoken English, other regional languages a plus
• A self-motivated individual with a high degree of analytical orientation, intellectual curiosity and attention to detail