Structured Products Lawyer - Vice President (VP) Hong Kong
As a Barclays Structured Products Lawyer - VP, you will be responsible for the legal risk management of offshore structured products for the Taiwan market and structured products generally in the Asia Pacific region. You will be responsible for day-to-day management of internal stakeholders primarily in Trading, Sales (in particular, Taiwan Sales), Ops, Compliance and Legal. This will involve working side by side with the business on a range of different transactions and projects where the business will look to you for legal advice on key regulatory, legal, and other risk issues.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Being accountable for day-to-day legal advice required to support the Taiwan offshore structured products business and general structured products business across APAC
- Developing and maintaining legal documentation including key templates used with particular focus on documentation for the Taiwan offshore structured product business
- Advising on the regulatory treatment and drafting appropriate documentation for a wide range of bespoke offshore structured products
- Accountable for advising on the distribution of structured products in APAC with different distribution channels, with particular focus on distribution into Taiwan
- Managing external counsel in jurisdictions across APAC in particular Taiwan
- Reviewing and carrying out risk analysis of new products and business proposals related to offshore structured products
- Shared responsibility for development of legal and compliance policy and procedures with particular focus on Taiwan
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Able to read and draft in Chinese
- Qualified English law or Taiwanese solicitor/attorney (or equivalent common law jurisdiction)
- Demonstrable Legal risk management skills
Where will you be working?
- Experience with offshore structured products business in and distribution into Taiwan
- Robust knowledge in various structured product distribution models
- Pro-active team player
- Able to keep senior team members fully updated on transaction progress and regulatory developments
Our offices are situated in the center of Hong Kong's financial district, at 2 Queen's Road.
Cheung Kong Centre is an investment banking hub that offers panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and Kowloon Peninsula. There is a variety of local amenities and you will be just a short walk from shopping malls, health clubs and multiple transport links.