VP, Business Policy and Process Mgt, IBG COO
Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards. Job Objective
- To oversee business /credit related policy and process and related matters for IBG HK.
- Co-ordinate with Head Office IBG Business Policy & Process Management unit / Head Office IBG COO Office, to assist implementation of appropriate business policies and processes in line with Group level expectations.
- To support and ensure (i) compliance related policies and procedures are in place and adhered to by IBG; and (ii) comply with relevant regulatory requirements and compliance related group policies.
- To provide support on the executions of Group initiatives and to provide/ coordinate training and briefing sessions to RM on business / credit / regulatory related policies / guidelines.
- Support IBG to develop and maintain appropriate business / credit related guidelines and processes.
- Work closely in particular with Governance & Controls, assist IBG business front line to discharge responsibilities as the first line of defense within DBS' risk framework.
- Establish strong partnerships with relevant units in executions of IBG related strategic plans including but not limited to credit framework implementation, product and operational process implementation, liquidity & expense management, people training and development etc.
- Co-ordinate and assist Group initiatives and special projects - assist IBG COO Office to lead and provide management support on various strategic projects.
- Ensure that the deliverables are compliant with compliance and regulatory requirement.
- Assisting IBG in achieving high compliance standards.
- Working closely with Legal and Compliance on related regulations and compliance-related matters having impact on IBG's business activities.
- Handling external regulators' enquiries (such as MAS, HKMA & AMCM) and onsite examination, ad hoc enquiries, surveys and remediation exercises
- Gap analysis on new regulations and requirements.
- Coordinating with HR, Compliance & Risk Management, T&M or other SU to provide trainings which are in line with the needs of IBG.
- Acting as training coordinator for IBG HK
- Accountable for IBG related business / credit related guideline and process development & maintenance, respective to the latest business and risk environment.
- Facilitator to Head Office initiatives - ensure appropriate local requirements are taken into considerations.
- To lead assigned specific projects / manage specific functional areas - manage for success within the resources given.
- Ensuring IBG staff are in full compliance with both internal compliance policy and standards, external regulations and industry's best practices
- Liaising with units from other divisions including Compliance, Legal and Internal Audit on compliance matters.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Degree holder, preferably majoring in business and marketing, finance, economics or related disciplines
- Minimum 10+ years' banking experience with management level experience.
- Previous front-to-back experience across business and risk environments.
- Preferably with recognized experience as senior credit manager in established banks.
- Possess good strategic thinking skills, leadership, coaching experience, communication skills and problem solving skill
- In-depth expertise in all aspects of corporate lending with strong knowledge on banking practices and market situations
- Knowledge of customer needs across different business segments