VP, Credit Analyst, Portfolio Management - Structured Finance Middle Office - Banking Operations Hong Kong
- Work with senior stakeholders to conduct credit analysis with respect to transaction monitoring (annual credit reviews, semi annual credit reviews, watch list and default files).
- Lead and coach junior team members to conduct credit analysis with respect to transaction monitoring.
- Credit analysis, assessment and recommendations of client requests.
- Review legal documentation for transaction execution
- Contribution towards various portfolio management reporting tasks (ad hoc client requests, specific credit analysis for internal partners, data quality, scarce resource management)
- Focus will be Energy, Mining and Metals and Infrastructure Finance.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Education:
- Bachelor degree, preferably with a financial background
Languages: Technical skills:
- At least 7 years with an investment bank, corporate finance or similar financial institution role, preferably with structuring experience. Candidates from a risk management background familiar with project and structured finance transactions will also be considered
- Experience in energy (oil & gas, renewable), metals and mining, infrastructure sectors preferable
- Experience in management / team leadership preferable
- Excellent credit analysis skills
- Proficiency in financial modelling (with Excel), VBA preferable but not necessary
- Familiarity with loan and project documentation drafting and transaction documentation process
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mindset, detail oriented and conscientious
- Ability to present and persuade
- Team player, willingness to learn & to listen
- Self-motivated with initiative
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Problem solving mindset
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services group in Europe. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth. Our objective: to be the leading relationship-focused bank, a reference in its markets, close to its clients and chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking is a part of Global Banking & Investor Solutions (GBIS). Portfolio Management - Structured Finance works with the Global Financing (GLFI) platform to structure private debt to service the needs of our clients via risk monitoring and backend execution in line with the overarching 'Originate to Distribute' strategy. Portfolio Management - Structured Finance provides coverage over various sectors including energy, metals and mining and infrastructure.
Job code: 19000MRY
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 01/09/2019
Date of publication: 02/08/2019